Born and raised in the Richmond area, Jessica is a perfect asset to our VPFW Family. She earned her undergraduate degree in Health Sciences and Biology from JMU (Go Dukes!) and went on to complete her Physician Assistant degree from Shenandoah University. She fell in love with the field of Women’s Health in PA school when she completed her OB/GYN rotation with a couple of our doctors here at VPFW. She worked as a PA in the emergency department for almost 7 years where she gained valuable experience working with women of all ages through obstetric and gynecological emergencies. Jessica also has experience in the field of cosmetic dermatology, where she performed aesthetic procedures such as Botox and dermal filler injections.
Jessica has two young children and has gone through a high-risk pregnancy. This, firsthand, showed her how important it is to have a provider who listens to the patients concerns and understands what they are going through. Her special interests include adolescents and young women – educating them about their bodies, as well as encouraging them to prioritize their health. However, she does have a special place in her heart for young mothers and supporting them through this joyous but often challenging season of life.
She now resides in Midlothian with her high-school sweetheart along with their two young boys and rambunctious golden-doodle, “Beau.” In their free time they enjoy spending time outdoors as a family and exploring all that Richmond has to offer. Jessica also has a knack for baking, crafting, and is an amateur (but enthusiastic) event planner. We are excited and grateful to welcome Jessica to our team!
Special Professional Interests
- Preventative medicine and patient education
- Contraceptive counseling
- Adolescent and teen health
- Pre-pregnancy counseling
- Postpartum care and lactation
- International medical missions
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Shenandoah University, Winchester, Virginia
- National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistant
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants
- Association of Physician Assistants in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Richmond Academy of Medicine
- Medical Society of Virginia