M.D., F.A.C.O.G., F.P.M.R.S.
Areas of Interest and Expertise
da Vinci robotic surgery, Urogynecology, Reconstructive surgery, Minimally-invasive treatment
Locations and Hospitals
Dr. Aboujaoude sees patients at VPFW’s Koger Center and Prince George offices. He performs procedures at Johnston-Willis Hospital and the Surgery Center at VPFW.
Meet Dr. Aboujaoude
Dr. Aboujaoude – pronounced “Ah-boo-jah-dee” – is an award-winning, board-certified OB/GYN and urogynecologist, which means he has additional training and experience in the evaluation and the treatment of patients with urinary incontinence (leaky bladder), pelvic organ prolapse (dropping of the vagina, uterus, cystocele, rectocele), and fecal incontinence.
Dr. Aboujaoude is passionate about improving women’s quality of life and helping guide them towards individualized treatment options, which may range from physical therapy to minimally-invasive surgery. Having continuous change and modernization is also a source of his love for his job, and he enjoys the variety of work each day brings. He also enjoys seeing advances as doctors are able to help their patients with less invasive procedures and with more efficiency.
Dr. Aboujaoude, a native of Lebanon, is glad that he landed in RVA and says that it’s a great place to raise a family. His wife is a pharmacist, and they have two daughters. On the weekends, you may find Dr. Aboujaoude playing tennis or enjoying a day trip with his family.
“He is fantastic! Funny, patient, knowledgeable, caring, takes the time you need to fully understand, and makes you feel comfortable. He has exceeded my expectations. Dr. A rocks!” – Patient Survey, 2017
Special Professional Interests
- da Vinci robotic surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Minimally-invasive treatment
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- St. Francis Medical Center
- Saint Joseph University
- Saint Joseph University
Beirut, Lebanon (1997)
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Newark, New Jersey (2007)
Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency & Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Sub-Specialty
- University of Paris
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Membership & Societies
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Urogynecologic Society
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
Honors & Distinctions
- Richmond Magazine Top Doc, Urogynecology (2019 and 2020)
- Member, Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Paris, France, 2003
- Member, Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hotel Dieu De France, 2002
- Member, Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St. Joseph University, 2002
- Virginia (issued 2009)