Virtual Telehealth Visits
When you can’t come in – request a virtual visit
Life is busy and it’s not always easy to come into the office when you need care. Depending on your medical needs, telehealth can often be a solution. We offer virtual telehealth visits as a service for our patients to supplement the traditional ways in which we deliver medical care. Most insurance plans cover a virtual telehealth visit the same way they would an in-office visit. If you have any questions about coverage, please contact your insurer.
With our high-quality virtual telehealth options, you can conveniently “visit” your provider from your own home or office. All you need is a smartphone or a computer with a webcam and a solid internet connection.
Here are some recent patient reviews, mentioning how they felt about their virtual visit:
“This was the first time I have teleconferenced with a doctor. I was impressed with the quality of the video feed, the ease of use, the attention to my problem, and the thoroughness of the overall appointment.” – VPFW patient survey response, March 2020
“This was a telehealth visit, my first one ever and it was great and convenient!” – VPFW patient survey response, March 2020
Virtual telehealth visits can be useful for the following medical care needs:
- Initial consultations to determine if patients need to be seen in person
- Ongoing management of chronic health problems
- Certain GYN issues
- Fecal or urinary incontinence (leaky bladder)
- Urinary tract infections
- Pelvic floor prolapse or discomfort
- Dietary consultations
- Postpartum depression
- Medication adjustments or refills
- Follow-up visits
How it works (it’s easy!)
If you are a new patient to VPFW, you will need to submit our New Patient Information Form before you can do a telehealth visit.
When you call us or make an appointment online, let us know if you prefer to do a virtual telehealth visit. Our staff will determine if telehealth is an option depending on the reason for your appointment.
If we move forward with a telehealth visit:
- You will receive an email from your provider with a link to join the telehealth appointment. You’ll need a smartphone or computer with a webcam and a strong internet connection.
- At the time of your appointment, click the email link to join. Make sure to use either Chrome or Firefox as your web browser if you are using a computer. The first time you join, you will be prompted to give your browser permission to access your microphone and camera. Please do so.
- You will be asked to enter your name to check in.
- Wait in our virtual waiting room for your provider to arrive.
- When your provider arrives, your visit will start!