Dr. Giles hails from Maryland where she grew up riding horses and bossing around her two brothers. Her education and training brought her to places all around the world including Chicago, Argentina, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and, finally, Richmond!
Her favorite part about being an Ob/Gyn is being able to relate to her patients. She knows what it’s like to wonder about which of the many birth control options is the right choice; she knows how graceful and elegant (NOT) it feels to be 39.5 weeks pregnant; and she too dreads being told to scoot down even further towards the end of the gyn exam table. She loves hearing about her patients’ experiences both health-related and otherwise. In fact, so far, she has raised both her young girls based solely on advice given to her by patients. It’s working out well!
Dr. Giles is a Peloton enthusiast – she has the bike and the tread and uses them every single day. As someone who has spent the majority of her life “not at goal weight,” (which two pregnancies did not help), she knows firsthand that weight loss is one of the hardest goals to achieve and maintain. With a new focus on sustainable exercise and nutrition planning, however, she is finally finding success. She loves to talk about these aspects of her life and will immediately follow you on Peloton if she finds out you have one.
When she is not at work or on her Peloton, she spends time with her husband, who is a lawyer by day and chef by night (which is lucky because Dr. Giles cannot cook at all). They have two little girls ages 3 years and 18 months. She finds motherhood challenging on the best of days, most of which are made possible with a significant amount of caffeine and a touch of dry shampoo. She can’t wait to meet you.
“I absolutely love VPFW! Dr. Giles and her nurse are amazing, beyond amazing! I have severe health anxiety and worry constantly. Dr. Giles hears me and calms my fears. I was nervous about seeing a new OB/GYN, and I honestly think she is the best. Her bedside manner is beyond amazing. She is so kind and gentle! I highly recommend her!” – Karah Bagley, 2017
Special Professional Interests
- Abnormal pap smears
- Abnormal bleeding
- Preventative health maintenance
- Adolescent health
- Hypertension in pregnancy
- St. Mary’s Hospital
- Henrico Doctors’ Hospital
- Northwestern University
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Erie, Pennsylvania (2012)
Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- Medstar Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University Hospital
Washington D.C. (completed 2016)
Membership & Societies
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- International Academy of Pelvic Surgery
- Sigma Sigma Phi Osteopathic Honor Society
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
Honors & Distinctions
- Luis Sanz Excellence in Gynecologic Survey, 2016
- Georgetown University Hospital Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2016
- Georgetown University Hospital Excellence in Gynecologic Oncology, 2016
- Virginia (issued 2016)