Areas of Interest and Expertise
Individualized prenatal care and low-intervention birth, High-risk obstetrics, Adolescent gynecology, Abnormal uterine bleeding, Robotic surgery, Contraceptive management
Locations and Hospitals
Dr. Kondos sees patients at VPFW’s Henrico Doctors’, St. Mary’s, and West Creek offices and delivers babies at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital and St. Mary’s Hospital.
Meet Dr. Kondos
Dr. Kondos was raised just north of Richmond in Stafford, VA. She attended college at the University of Virginia, where she studied biology and supported the Hoos every weekend as a cheerleader. After graduation, Dr. Kondos attended medical school at the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine in Blacksburg, VA. During medical school, Dr. Kondos met her husband, and they relocated to Detroit, Michigan for her residency training.
Dr. Kondos fell in love with the field of OB/GYN during her third year of medical school, when she delivered her first baby and realized that no other field of medicine has the great privilege of helping families grow every day! She believes that each pregnancy and birth experience is unique and enjoys curating a memorable and safe birth experience for her patients and their families, including those with high-risk pregnancies. She is especially passionate about helping patients maintain a healthy lifestyle and exercise during pregnancy and beyond.
Aside from obstetrics, Dr. Kondos is also well-versed in gynecologic surgery, including robotics. She also has a special interest in adolescent gynecology and enjoys discussing options for contraception and cycle control while making teens feel comfortable.
Dr. Kondos is thrilled to become part of the VPFW family, where she finds the support from fellow providers to be unmatched. She can’t wait to continue the tradition of providing the best care for her neighbors in the greater Richmond community. She is excited to be settling closer to home here with her husband, their young daughter, and two rescue dogs.
When she’s not working, Dr. Kondos enjoys getting outside with her family for a hike, traveling to new places, and competing in weightlifting competitions.
Special Professional Interests
- Individualized prenatal care and low-intervention birth
- High-risk obstetrics
- ‘Adolescent gynecology
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Robotic surgery
- Contraceptive management
- Henrico Doctors’ Hospital
- St. Mary’s Hospital
- University of Virginia
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
Blacksburg, VA (2019)
Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Michigan State University
Southfield, MI and Novi, MI (2023)
Membership & Societies
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Member
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, ACOG Junior Fellow
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation, Gold Humanism Honor Society
- American Osteopathic Association
Honors & Distinctions
- Outstanding Resident in Gynecology Oncology, The Society of Gynecologic Oncology (2022)
- Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG) Achievement Award (2021)
- Distinguished Scholar in Surgery Award, Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (2018)
- “Via Wellness” Gold Award, Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (2016, 2017)
- Translating Osteopathic Awareness into Community Health Silver Award, Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (2017)
- Virginia (issued 2023)
- ABOG Registered Residency Graduate
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Da Vinci ® Surgical System Robotic-Assisted Surgery
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support