Hollie D. Jones
MSN, RN, WHNP-BC
Areas of Interest and Expertise
Preventative care, Prenatal and postpartum care, Polycystic ovary syndrome, Patient/adolescent education, Contraceptive counseling, Abnormal bleeding, Menopause, Osteoporosis
Nurse Practitioner Hollie Jones sees patients at VPFW’s St. Francis and Prince George offices.
Meet Nurse Practitioner Hollie Jones
As a board-certified nurse practitioner, Hollie Jones is passionate about providing women the care and concern they deserve. She enjoys educating her patients, encouraging them to play an active role in their health care, and inspiring them to take control of their health choices.
Hollie joined Virginia Physicians for Women in July of 2022 after practicing as a women’s health nurse practitioner in the Richmond area for 12 years. She wanted to work at VPFW not just because it’s a top-rated women’s health practice, but also because it has a family feel. Hollie appreciates that VPFW prioritizes patient care. She loves caring for women of all ages and all stages of life–especially teens. Whether she’s providing preventative care, prenatal or postpartum care, contraceptive counseling, menopause management, or problem care, Hollie takes time to listen and relate to her patients’ needs and answer their questions in ways they understand.
Prior to specializing in women’s health, Hollie worked in both an emergency room and an acute care setting, which gives her well-rounded experience. She graduated with highest honors from Virginia Commonwealth University, where she earned her Master of Science in Nursing—Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from University of Virginia and a registered nurse diploma from Bon Secours Memorial School of Nursing.
Hollie grew up in Midlothian/Chesterfield. She and her husband Chris have a daughter and son, and they love spending time with family and friends. Hollie also enjoys wine tasting, traveling to the beach or mountains, and trying different restaurants.
Special Professional Interests
- Preventative care
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Patient/adolescent education
- Contraceptive counseling
- Abnormal bleeding
Undergraduate Training (Bachelor of Science in Nursing)
- University of Virginia
Graduate Training (Master of Science in Nursing: Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner)
- Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, Virginia (2009)
Registered Nurse Diploma
- Bon Secours Memorial School of Nursing (2003)
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP-BC)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Basic Life Support
Honors and Designations
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society, Virginia Commonwealth University (2008-2009)
- Golden Key International Honor Society, Virginia Commonwealth University (2008-2009)
- Honor Council President, Bon Secours Memorial School of Nursing
- Peer Excellence Award, Bon Secours Memorial School of Nursing (2002-2003)