As we settle into the new year, we can’t help but reflect on how 2022 brought us even closer to our community. Starting with the war in Ukraine through formula and feminine supplies shortages, our patients – as well as our providers and staff – have been deeply affected by everything 2022 has thrown at us. We’re proud to say that together, we have helped each other and countless women and families – in our communities and across the world.
Here are some of the ways VPFW made a difference in 2022 thanks to your support and generosity!
- Dr. Olsen, who hails from Siberia, Russia, inspired our Drive for Ukraine which collected two truckloads full of supplies for Ukrainians in need through Lift Up Ukraine. We also raised money for shipping costs and purchased and wore our Richmond for Ukraine t-shirts in support of Ukrainians all summer.
- We raised donations for the James House shelter and wore our denim on Denim Day to help support victims of sexual
- 24 VPFW employees helped build a new house for a family in need during “Women Build” days at Habitat for Humanity.
- Inspired by Dr. Hartle, we held a Formula, Mama and Baby Supplies Drive at our Koger Center office that helped over 140 families during the formula and postpartum/menstrual supplies shortage.
- We held a Formula and Diaper Drive at our Prince George office that helped over 40 families get the supplies they needed.
- Dr. Hartle wrote a blog post with resources for area moms in need of formula, breastfeeding support, and mental health support.
- We did a hole sponsorship of C2 Adopt‘s golf tournament benefiting children who need adoptive families.
- We sponsored the Big Push, an empty stroller march on Oct.15th in Washington DC, to “push” for change that could reduce the incidence of stillbirth in the United States.
- Dr. Lewis worked with her patient Michelle Lewis, founder of Elijah’s Purpose, on a blog post to promote awareness, prevention, and healing from stillbirth and infant loss.
- We did a hole sponsorship at Reach Out for Life’s Swing for Pink golf tournament, providing a free mammogram for a woman in need.
- Our patients and staff raised $501 for the Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation as part of our Pink Purse Raffle during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- We sponsored the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk, and our team (consisting of patients and employees) raised $1,122 for breast cancer research.
- We provided 32 free mammograms for uninsured women through the month of October.
- We helped collect 448 hats for Caps for Cancer and 88 cards for Cards for a Cause during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- We sponsored Girls on the Run‘s end-of-season 5K and ran with the girls.
- Dr. Draper wrote a blog post with tips for teen girls getting active and establishing healthy habits.
- Through Chesterfield Christmas Mother, our providers and staff donated gifts for a family with three children as well as money for the parents to provide Christmas dinner.
- Our employees donated 764 pounds of food for Feedmore during our holiday food drive, with prize incentives donated by each of our providers and management staff.
Thank You for Being our Partners in the Community
VPFW is proud to have provided much more than the best OB/GYN care in Richmond in 2022. We have always been your partners in women’s health, but we’re also dedicated to being your partners in the communities we share with you.
The support and generosity of our patients constantly amaze our practice, and we thank you for helping us truly make a difference this past year. We are here when you need us and look forward to working together to do even more good in 2023!
To schedule an appointment with a VPFW provider, you can call us at 804-897-2100 or set an appointment online.