Schedule a preconception visit with an OB/GYN to discuss how to prepare for pregnancy and optimize your preconception health.
The best prenatal care begins long before you conceive.
There are a lot of things you can start doing months ahead of time to prepare your body to become pregnant and improve pregnancy outcomes.
A preconception visit may include a physical check-up, but it’s mainly an opportunity to talk with your doctor about your personal fertility outlook and potential roadblocks. Your OB/GYN can help you optimize your and your partner’s preconception health and help with identifying your optimal times for conception.
You can expect to discuss the following at a preconception visit:
- Medication adjustments, including birth control
- Management of chronic conditions or health issues
- Your family history and that of your partner
- Your menstrual cycle (length of cycle, irregularities, issues)
- Ovulation tracking and timing of intercourse
- Vaccination updates
Our OB/GYNs are here to answer your questions and look forward to helping you start this exciting journey.
To schedule a preconception visit with a VPFW OB/GYN, you can call us at 804-897-2100 or set an appointment online.