Donating gift cards or baskets as raffle prizes helps VPFW support important causes and local businesses at the same time!
2020 has been a difficult year for community outreach. Many events that VPFW sponsors or supports were cancelled or had to go virtual this year – a year when that support was needed most. As a practice that values community outreach at its core, we strived to find ways to help our community, even when in-person fundraisers and events were not possible. Here are just a few ways:
- Cleaning supplies drive for Safe Harbor Shelter for victims of domestic violence
- Sponsorship of Richmond Mom Prom in support of Project: Just Like You
- Sponsorship of virtual Black Maternal Health Summit
- Denim Day support for the James House Shelter and victims of sexual violence
- Birthday card-making for Celebrate RVA
- School supplies drive for YMCA Bright Beginnings program
- Sponsorship of Habitat For Humanity’s Women Build
- Sponsorship of C2 Adopt’s Annual Golf Tournament/Fundraiser
- Card-making for breast cancer patients through Cards for a Cause
- Warm-up sponsorship of the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Virtual Walk
- Fundraising for Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation
- Baby food drive for Feed More’s Feed Richmond campaign
- Stocking-stuffing for Fox Holiday Socks
How You Can Help: Donate Raffle Prizes!
Donating raffle prizes and giveaways from local businesses is a wonderful way to support the worthy causes above. In 2021, we are looking for more raffle prizes and giveaways.
If you would like to donate a gift card, gift basket, or item from a local business, valued at $100 or more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will share and tag the local business on our social media as well as mention the raffle prizes in our monthly newsletter which goes to over 100,000 patients.
Thanks for helping us support important causes and local businesses in our community!