Check out the job description and requirements and learn how to apply to join the VPFW team.
**VPFW cares about the safety of our employees and patients. As such, as of Oct. 1, all new hires are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.**
VPFW is looking to expand our ultrasound department. We have the flexibility to accommodate both part time and full time work schedules.
- Performs ultrasound and other procedures on patients as directed.
- Records findings, forwards images to reading physician.
- Obtains and records all pertinent clinical information relating to the procedure.
- Reviews charts for patient history.
- Ensures all required written and computer documentation, forms and patient medical records are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains ultrasound supplies and cleans equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Display knowledge of the theory, techniques, operation and care of the equipment and the principles of ALARA radiation safety.
- Display high degree of working knowledge of ultrasound physics and instrumentation as it applies to image optimization.
- Work independently to set priorities and perform job with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instruction and seek guidance as needed.
- Perform work accurately and in a timely manner in an environment of full schedules.
Education and Experience:
At minimum 2 years of prior independent OBGYN sonographer experience. Proficiency in GYN and all OB trimester scans.
- ARDMS OBGYN certified
- BLS certified
- NT credentialed (preferred)
Requires prolonged standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching. Requires lifting of objects up to 50 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills.
Greater Richmond area
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ultrasound Technologist” in the subject line.