Areas of Interest and Expertise
Minimally-invasive surgery, High-risk obstetrics, Vaginal birth after cesarean, Contraceptive counseling, Adolescent gynecology
Meet Dr. Lincoln
Dr. Maggie Lincoln was born and raised in Richmond. She had a feeling that one day she’d end up back here, where most of her large extended family lives. She went to St. Catherine’s for 13 years and then to William and Mary where she played lacrosse for 5 years. After returning to Richmond for medical school at VCU, she moved to Savannah, Georgia, for her residency, where she met her husband within 2 months.
Now she’s excited to be back home in Richmond – a place where there are seasons, where outdoor activities (such as running and biking) are the norm, and where there is an amazing food scene. And how fun is it that one of the hospitals where she’s delivering babies (St. Mary’s) is where she was born?!
Part of the reason why Dr. Lincoln loves being an OB/GYN so much is how much variety there is on a day-to-day basis: you can go from a 32-week prenatal visit in one room to an annual visit in the next. She gravitates towards obstetrics, and, in particular, feels very comfortable with high-risk obstetric patients. She loves delivering babies and working on the Labor & Delivery unit, where you never know what may come through the door next. Dr. Lincoln is also very passionate about contraception education, and she enjoys working with and taking care of young women who are just reaching the age of needing to see a gynecologist.
To request an appointment with Dr. Lincoln, call us at 804-897-2100 or include Dr. Lincoln’s name in the Set an Appointment form.
Special Professional Interests
- Minimally-invasive surgery
- High-risk obstetrics
- Vaginal birth after cesarean
- Contraceptive counseling
- Adolescent gynecology
- St. Mary’s Hospital
- Henrico Doctor’s Hospital
- The College of William & Mary
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine
Richmond, Virginia (2017)
Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- Memorial Health University Medical Center
Savannah, GA (completed 2021)
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Memberships & Societies
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Association
- Richmond Academy of Medicine
Honors & Distinctions
- David Byck Professionalism and Service Award (2021)
- John W. Goldkrand Award: Outstanding Graduate Resident in Obstetrics (2021)
- SMFM Residency Program Award for Excellence in Obstetrics (2021)
- 2021 Outstanding Resident in Gynecologic Oncology
- First place, podium presentation: “Improved compliance with hemoglobin A1c vs. 2-hour glucose tolerance testing in the postpartum period”
- Virginia (issued 2021)