Areas of Interest and Expertise
First time visits, Contraception and family planning, Low intervention obstetric care, Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, Health care maintenance
Meet Dr. Lewis
As VPFW’s newest OB/GYN, Dr. Kristen Lewis is excited to be a primary care doctor and surgeon all in one. That means having the opportunity to form life-long relationships with her patients, which is something she values as much as they do! She loves that VPFW has a great sense of camaraderie, which she believes is essential to any health care team.
Dr. Lewis has always been passionate about women’s health. While in college at the University of Mary Washington she wrote her senior thesis on the HPV Vaccine Mandate that was passed by the Virginia General Assembly. In medical school at VCU, she served as a patient advocate and hospital volunteer for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Her goal in becoming a doctor has always been to tend to the health of women in all stages of life.
Dr. Lewis loves the field of obstetrics and gynecology for its diversity of patient interactions, spanning from clinic, to labor and delivery, to gynecologic surgery. Some of her favorite areas within the field are the first time visits for women looking to initiate contraception, obstetric care, or routine health care maintenance with regular pap testing. She is also trained in and excited to provide minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
Outside of the office, you might find Dr. Lewis playing with her new puppy at her home in Church Hill. If the weather is nice, she loves to be outside reading a book or jogging. She’s also a huge movie buff – she’s seen every Academy Award Best Picture winner!
To request an appointment with Dr. Lewis, call us at 804-897-2100 or include Dr. Lewis’ name in the Set an Appointment form.
Special Professional Interests
- First time visits
- Contraception and family planning
- Low intervention obstetric care
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
- Health care maintenance
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- University of Mary Washington
- Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Richmond, Virginia (2016)
Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Richmond, Virginia (completed 2020)
Honors & Distinctions
- 2020 Outstanding Grand Rounds Award
- Wetchler Award for Exceptional Training and Leadership
- William A. Castle Award for Outstanding Biology Graduate
- Ann E. Fitschen ’75 Memorial Award for Outstanding Political Science Graduate
- First Place Presentation: Undergraduate Women’s Research Forum
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Virginia (issued 2020)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification
- DEA License
- Completion of USMLE Step I, II and III