Triage Medical Assistant
Check out the job description and requirements and learn how to apply to join the VPFW team.
VPFW is hiring a full-time triage medical assistant to join our west end team. This position is the first point of clinical contact for patients. The triage medical assistant calls the patient back to the clinical area to record vital signs, medication listings, and medical history in preparation for the physician.
- Interview patients and record patient information.
- Check vital signs and reconcile medications and drug allergies.
- Collect and test urine samples.
- Order lab supplies and stock and clean rooms.
- Complete medical forms for patients.
- Ensure all required written and computer documentation, forms and patient medical records are completed in a timely manner.
- Administer injections.
- Clean Autoclave and sterilize and package instruments.
- Provide coverage at all locations, adjusting to physician requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of clinical techniques.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with physicians, staff and management.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year clinical experience preferred but not required
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
How to Apply:
If interested in the position, please click here!