VPFW is looking for an ultrasound technician that is able to work 32 hours a week and travel between our 6 office locations.
• Performs ultrasound and other procedures on patients as directed.
• Records findings, forwards images to reading physician.
• Obtains and records all pertinent clinical information relating to the procedure.
• Reviews charts for patient history.
• Ensures all required written and computer documentation, forms and patient medical records are completed in a timely manner.
• Maintains ultrasound supplies and cleans equipment.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Display knowledge of the theory, techniques, operation and care of the equipment and the principles of ALARA radiation safety.
• Display high degree of working knowledge of ultrasound physics and instrumentation as it applies to image optimization.
• Work independently to set priorities and perform job with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instruction and seek guidance as needed.
• Perform work accurately and in a timely manner in periods of increased work load and high stress.
Education and Experience:
• At least 2-3 years of prior OBGYN sonographer experience
• ARDMS certification
• BLS certification
Requires prolonged standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching. Requires lifting of objects up to 50 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ultrasound Technician” in the subject line.