Virginia Physicians for Women is looking for a phone nurse to work out of our Midlothian Turnpike or Prince George office. We are looking for an individual who has excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic and the ability to multitask in a high volume environment.
The phone nurse is will triage and assess patient needs identifying emergency situations, refilling prescriptions, providing guidance on medical concerns and setting emergency appointments.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from patients, making assessments for medical care.
- Provides a variety of customer services to include making emergency appointments, processing refill requests, filling prescriptions and addressing patient medical concerns.
- Acts as a liaison between the physician and the patient.
- Faxes and responds to faxes from pharmacies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates good listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns and overcome objections.
- Presents a professional demeanor in communicating information for patients while developing a rapport with patients.
- Assesses inquiries with good judgment and communication to assure the most appropriate response.
- Ability to solve patient problems, treat patients with dignity and respect and respond quickly to patient needs.
- Maintains a high level of understanding of current physician preferences.
- Demonstrates proficiency in medical terminology and clinical treatment.
Education and Experience
- Previous OB/GYN clinical experience.
- Current RN or LPN licensure or MA certification
If interested in the position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Phone Nurse in the subject line.