Check out the job description and requirements and learn how to apply to join the VPFW team.
**VPFW cares about the safety of our employees and patients. As such, as of Oct. 1, all new hires are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.**
The nursing manager will serve as an integral member of the clinical management team at Virginia Physicians for Women. This position will report directly to the Director of Nursing and work primarily out of the Koger Center office. The individual will manage the triage and medical advice nurses across all six offices which will involve periodic travel between locations.
- Lead and provide expert guidance to both triage and medical advice nurses.
- Work closely with the Director of Nursing to coordinate and ensure adequate staffing needs are met daily.
- Proactively fill-in for clinical staff when absences or patient volumes warrant additional assistance.
- Point of contact for nursing department for scheduling conflicts or patient complaints. If manager cannot resolve issues, they will then determine and coordinate escalation to appropriate director or executive officers.
- Oversee and manage all McKesson and LabCorp supply orders.
- Point of contact for OSHA and HIPAA to ensure the practice is staying current on all legal and compliance requirements.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate patient flow/wait times across all six office locations to ensure appropriate utilization of triage and medical advice nurses.
- Provide oversight for the nursing department as needed in support of the Director.
Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills to serve as a role model, coach and facilitator.
- Positively influencing others through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong clinical skills in a medical practice or hospital setting.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with physicians, employees, and management.
- Strong professional ethics to manage highly confidential and sensitive information.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Five plus years experience in a clinical setting.
- Three plus years experience in a management role.
- Certified Medical Assistant, LPN or RN
How to Apply:
If interested in the position, please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Nursing Manager” in the subject line.