As the Marketing Manager for Virginia Physicians for Women, you will lead all marketing strategies, communications, and PR activities for the practice. Focused on brand positioning and awareness, you will be the lead innovator and decision maker when it comes to strategy development, creative direction, campaign implementation, vendor relationship management, and community outreach. The Marketing Manager will also be responsible for budget development and management as well as reporting.
- Use both internal and external communication channels to develop a marketing strategy that matches business goals and supports values-driven campaigns
- Maintain and expand VPFW’s position as the community’s go to resource for women’s health education
- Expand VPFW’s brand positioning as a philanthropic force in women’s health care
- Implement storytelling and testimonials to reach new, targeted audiences while delivering segmented messaging
- Lead marketing initiatives for The Renewal Center at VPFW and advise on how to best incorporate those initiatives into the practice’s core values and services
- Provide concepts to third parties and offer creative direction for outsourced projects; third parties may include graphic designers, videographers, etc.
- Offer data-driven explanations of creative direction to management team and ensure projects with third parties fit into overall strategy and brand positioning
- Implement integrated campaigns to promote the practice, The Renewal Center at VPFW, and upcoming events or initiatives
- Write and edit content to increase engagement rates; content may be short or long-form and include social media posts, blog posts, press releases, enewsletters, ad copy, etc.
Vendor and Sponsorship Relationship Management
- Manage all media buys and third-party marketing contracts, ensuring that VPFW is getting excellent value and efforts are in keeping with overall marketing strategies and brand standards
- Identify opportunities for VPFW to provide strategic sponsorships and develop relationships with those organizations; Lead all sponsorship activation efforts
- Use strategic sponsorships and activations as a marketing tactic and include efforts in content marketing plan
- Maintain or develop new relationships between VPFW and outside agencies such as residential communities, organizations, medical practices, hospital liaisons, etc.…
- Determine KPIs for marketing initiatives and implement tools to measure/report success of marketing and outreach strategies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior organizational and time management skills; demonstrated effectiveness managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work independently
- Proven ability to establish positive and effective relationships with superiors, coworkers, and third parties
- Experience with WordPress preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience with experiential marketing and/or event management a plus
- Experience with online advertising platforms including Google AdWords and paid social media promotions a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in marketing, communications, English, creative writing or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in B2C marketing
- 5+ years of experience working on integrated marketing campaigns
- 5+ years of proven experience leading creative marketing projects from concept to completion
- 5+ years of proven experience in content creation and content marketing
This position works out of the Midlothian Turnpike office next to Johnston-Willis Hospital. The marketing manager will have discretion at adjusting schedule to accommodate night or weekend events.