Contact Us at VPFW

Henrico • West Creek • St. Francis • Midlothian • St. Mary's

804.897.2100

Prince George • Colonial Heights

804.520.0205

Toll Free

800.421.3368

Gynecological Care

VPFW is committed to supporting you with top-quality care and delivering a top-notch experience. We offer comprehensive gynecological care for every age and stage of your life, from adolescence through menopause and beyond. Our services include:

    • Well Woman Examinations & Pap Smears
    • Complete Gynecological Care
    • Adolescent Gynecology
    • Endometrial Ablation/Abnormal Periods
    • Birth Control
    • Urogynecology & Pelvic Reconstruction Surgery
    • Baby Boomer & Midlife Health

Well Woman Examinations & Pap Smears

Well Woman Examinations are a proactive way for you and your doctor to form a partnership to maintain your good health. You will identify risk factors, discuss lifestyle choices, and catch potential problems before they become serious issues. You can expect to talk about contraception and sexual health, receive age or circumstance-appropriate physical exams and tests, and talk with your physician about anything that concerns you. And you can be sure we use the most advanced assessment techniques to optimize the accuracy of your tests.

Complete Gynecological Care

Gynecological Care encompasses everything from routine examinations and pap smears to contraceptive counseling and help with problematic issues, such as abnormal uterine bleeding. For your comfort and convenience, we often perform state-of-the-art procedures right in the office in order to evaluate and even treat certain conditions.

Adolescent Gynecology

When Is The Right Time for Your Daughter’s First GYN Appt?
Are you struggling to figure out whether your young daughter needs to see a gynecologist? Maybe you want to know how to help her get through her first visit with an ob/gyn? Well, the good news is that it likely will be easier (for both of you) and a lot less scary than she may think! Please refer to our Adolescent Gynecology page for more information.

Endometrial Ablation/ Abnormal Periods

Heavy menstrual periods may be a thing of the past. Virginia Physicians for Women offers innovative in-office techniques for endometrial ablation. Endometrial ablation refers to the elimination of the lining of the uterus that produces menstrual flow. That means that in most cases, there is no hospitalization and no hysterectomy. Additionally, 50% of women may achieve amenorrhea (no periods) and 40% may experience much lighter periods. Overall patient satisfaction rates from such therapies approach 90%.

Birth Control

Choosing the right form of birth control for you can be challenging. We are here to make that decision easier, and lead you to the best contraception option. Please refer to our Birth Control page for more information.

Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstruction Surgery

As a certified specialist in Urogynecology, which is a subspecialty of Gynecology & Obstetrics,  Dr. Ramzi Aboujaoude has more focused expertise beyond the average gynecologist’s training and experience. Please refer to our Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstruction Surgery page for more information.

Baby Boomer and Midlife Health

VPFW offers a wide range of expertise to treat areas related to female aging. Give us a call at 804.897.2100 to talk about how we can best care for you.

At VPFW, you will see a doctor at every appointment, instead of just a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant as in some practices. Additionally, same-day appointments are available when you call us before 10 a.m., so you can always see a doctor when you need to. That’s the VPFW difference.

Call today about our Gynecological Care at 804.897.2100